PBCI-Allen is open and ready to help with any Plumbing, HVAC, or Refrigeration needs.
We are 100% compliant with all CDC & OSHA recommendations and regulations. We are ensuring that all of our technicians and staff are following these recommendations.
Give us a call at 814-238-3756.
To help you feel comfortable, we can do FaceTime video visits and you can walk us through the home and show us around when it's convenient for you!
We also offer financing options to help keep cash in your pocket. Online application and pre-qualification is easy.
Give us a call at 814-238-3756 to let us know how we can help!
You may have noticed that things are starting to heat up in Central PA. That's why we put together some tips to help you save energy during the 'dog days' of summer.
- Be sure to find a temperature that is comfortable, meaning not too hot or too cold. The closer you can keep the indoor temperature to the outdoor temperature, the lower your cooling bill.
- When you are away, it is okay to keep the temperature of your home warmer than usual. Whether you are on vacation or at work, install a programmable thermostat to make adjusting the temperature automatic.
- Setting your thermostat to colder, doesn’t cool your house any quicker than the normal setting. The only thing this results in is excessive cooling and an increase in energy cost.
- If you are experiencing very hot and humid weather, try to avoid cooking in the oven. Instead, use a grill outside or your microwave.
- Energy efficient lighting runs much cooler. Incandescent lights create a large amount of heat. In fact, only around 15% of the electricity used in these lights results in light. The rest of it is transformed into heat.
- Similar to cold air seeping into your house in the winter, warm air also finds its way into your home. Be sure to seal any cracks and openings to help your home stay as cool as possible.
- Weather stripping and caulking to seal leaky windows and doors is a great way to help save on energy costs. Take the time to ensure your house is air tight.
- When you clean your home during the summer, be sure to vacuum any of your registers. This helps remove the buildup of dust. Also, make sure that objects such as furniture are not blocking the airflow from your registers.
- Try to avoid putting your TV or any lamps next to your air-conditioning thermostat. The thermostat can sense the heat coming off of your appliances and can cause the AC to run longer.
- Schedule regular maintenance for your AC equipment.
If you have any questions about saving energy this summer or you are looking to invest in a new, more energy efficient AC unit, contact PBCI-Allen at 814.238.3756 to get started.