If you haven’t seen the forecast for the next week or so – December is expected to be cold! Are you ready? Bring on the snow for the holidays!!
To make sure you and your home are prepared before the cold nights arrive, there are a few things you want to inspect
Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Make sure your gutters are clean. Take out all of the leaves and sticks that may have accumulated over the past few weeks. A backed up gutter can wreak havoc on your roof!
2. Seal up any air leaks you notice around the house. If you have drafty windows or doors, now is the time to seal them up to help lower your energy bills.
3. Insulate any exposed plumbing pipes, this can help prevent pipes from bursting in areas that are unheated.
4. Another way to protect your pipes … go outside and make sure your outside faucets are turned off and your hoses are detached. Spring won’t be here for a while, so it’s time to put them away.
5. Finally, make sure your heating system is running properly. The temperatures haven’t been too cold yet, but the cold air is coming.
And if you need any service or repairs to your heating system or your plumbing, be sure to contact PBCI-Allen right away: 814.238.3756