PBCI-Allen wants to wish all of you a very Happy 2017! We hope you enjoyed the holidays with your family and loved ones and are looking forward to a wonderful year.
It may be snowing right now, but we do have a warm up coming over the next few days. This would be a great time to take care of a few winter maintenance items before the frigid temperatures return.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Since we already had some ice melt, check for a leaky roof. Inspect your ceilings inside and also look on your roof to ensure shingles are intact and your gutters are clean.
2. Seal up any air leaks you notice around the house. Do you have drafty windows or doors? If so, seal them up to help keep your house nice and warm and your energy costs down.
3. Now is a good time to insulate any exposed plumbing pipes. Although we don’t want to think about it, the cold air will return this winter and the insulation will help prevent your pipes from bursting.
4. Speaking of bursting pipes … since it is going to warm up a bit, go outside and make sure all of your outside faucets are turned off and your hoses are detached.
5. With cold air often comes high winds. While the warmer temps are here, trim away any tree branches that are close to your house that may cause damage if they fall.
Many of these items may already be done. However, if not, now is the time to prepare!!
And if you need any service or repairs on your heating system or with your plumbing, be sure to contact PBCI-Allen right away: 814.238.3756