It is that time of year again. The leaves are starting to change and there is a chill in the air. Football is in full swing and Halloween is just around the corner.
Fall is a great time of year, especially in Happy Valley.
However, while many of us are busy with activities, we often forget that our homes need some attention too. Now is the perfect time to get them ready for the upcoming winter months.
Here’s a quick list that will get you started:
- The change of season is the perfect time to replace your air filters. Time to clean out the summer pollen and mold spores to make sure your home has the best air quality possible. This also allows your HVAC unit to run at it’s best.
- Over the summer it is common for vegetation and leaves to accumulate around your HVAC unit. Before the cold weather arrives, take a few minutes to clean up the leaves and debris to make sure your outdoor HVAC unit is ready for winter.
- Before you know it, the leaves will be off of the trees. Guess where they often land? In your gutters! Make sure to clean out your downspouts and gutters before they begin to build up with snow and ice.
- It may not be cold right now, but before the freezing air arrives, start up your HVAC unit to make sure it is running properly. You don’t want to be left without heat on those below freezing days.
- While you are doing some quick preparations for winter, don’t forget to change your smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detector batteries. Keep your family safe!
So there you have it – getting your home ready for winter doesn’t need to take a ton of time. In just a few minutes, you can keep your home happy and give yourself some peace of mind.
And finally, be sure to schedule your HVAC winter maintenance now – Call us at 814.238.3756 today.